Aims & Objectives
All Circles abide by the same Aims and Objectives:
• Friendship and Social Service for knowledge and progress
• To be of service to the community
• To be non-political and non-sectarian
• To promote and extend friendship to Circlers locally, Nationally and Internationally
• To provide relaxation and interest by ways of talks and discussions on various subjects
• To enjoy to the full all Ladies Circle functions throughout the year
• To assist Round Table and other Service Organizations where possible
Why do we light a Friendship Candle at every meeting?
At Ladies’ Circle events, a Candle of Friendship is lit to remind us of the motto of Ladies’ Circle, Friendship & Service, and to create the feeling of togetherness among the Circlers all over the world. When lighting the candle, some words should be said to remind all present why the candle is being lit:
We light this candle for friendships Locally, Nationally and Internationally.