LC 20 Garden Route attended the recent Rotary Induction Dinner. Congratulations to new President Carryn Trollope. Best wishes for 2019-2020 and please do not hesitate to contact us, we will assist where possible.
Rotary is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian service and to advance goodwill and peace around the world. It is a non-political and non-religious organization open to all people regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference.
The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service.
- High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
- The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life.
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
This objective is set against the “Rotary 4-Way Test”, used to see if a planned action is compatible with the Rotarian spirit. The 4-Way Test considers the following questions in respect to thinking, saying or doing:
- Is it the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Motto: Service above self