One of our aims and objectives is to assist Round Table and other Service Organisations where possible. Garden Route LC 20 not only assists, but also supports and shares in their celebrations.
At the recent Round Table George 30 Induction Dinner, Morne Du Preez, was inducted as their new Chairman for 2019-2020. We wish him and his members all the best for the year head!
From left to right: Back Row – Michelle Jacobsz, Front Row – Elizabeth Theron and Gretha Terblanche
Some of the George Service Organizations in attendance. From left to right: Elizabeth Theron, Anita Vos (Moth’s), Michelle Jacobsz, Barbara Haywood (Eden Lions), Dolly Subramoney (Eden Lions), Cobus Vos (Moth’s) and Werner Zander (George Lions).
From left to right: Candice and Morne Du Preez
Michelle Jacobsz handing over our Friendship Candle to Morne Du Preez
Round Table Southern Africa is a non-political, non-denominational association of young men between the ages of 18 and 40. Embracing representatives of nearly every profession and occupation, and whose objects encompass the encouragement of high ethical standards. The promotion of social networking and fellowship among young professional men, the quickening of individual interest in everything affecting the public welfare, and the promotion of understanding amongst peoples of different cultural, language and political backgrounds.
- To develop fellowship among young men through the medium of their professional and business occupations;
- To emphasise the fact that one’s calling offers an excellent medium of service to the community;
- To cultivate the highest ideals in business, professional and civic traditions;
- To recognize the worthiness of all legitimate occupations and to dignify each his own by precept and example;
- To foster responsible citizenship and loyalty to their Country;
- To further the establishment of peace and goodwill in international relationships;
- To further these objects by meetings, lectures, discussions and other activities.
Motto: Adopt, Adapt, Improve